Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thoughts about freeform locks

It's very easy to do -- and that's what I need. I am not the kind of person that likes to fiddle around with her hair. I don't know how I had the patience to deal with my loose hair for 8 years. I guess that's why I've tried to lock my hair so many times.

I'm only 3 weeks in, and I think that this time I can stick with it. My hair is already starting to group together in some places. Also, my hair does not look unkempt to me, I like the style in the meantime. And my hair is amazing me. It can lock if I just shampoo and condition it. I just need to be patient and let it happen.

It's crazy, I think that this method is best for me and my hair. There is no illusion of control as there is with other methods -- I'm just letting my hair do what it does. This helps, so I am not expecting every strand of hair to be in place. I don't have to spend hours starting my hair (or pay money to someone else to start it). I don't have to deal with the scalpy look in the beginning weeks. I don't have to worry about the hair unraveling. I don't have to wait to shampoo or condition it. I'm not worried about buildup. I won't have to spend time retwisting. I can be me.

No comments: