Saturday, February 09, 2008

I'm four months into it, here are a couple of pictures




Man, the back really just looks like an afro in that picture. I swear it looks slightly lockish in person. But comparing from pictures of when I first started, I can definitely see progress.



I really started this blog because I am one of those people who's started locks more times than I can count. I always took them down or cut them off. It was very frustrating. So I wanted to get down my thoughts, neuroses, etc., about locks and what would make me want to cut them off (so I could analyze them to death, I guess). But this time, for some reason, I really don't have any problems with them. I don't care what other people say about them. I don't feel unfeminine with them as I have in the past. I am not stressing about the way they are developing (well, not most days). In other words, my mindset is completely different. I don't really know how or why, but I'm going with it.

2 comments:

TamCM said...

That's a great comparison pic. Look at the growth or is it just that they are forming so the weight is pulling them down. Nah, it really is growing. Your hair looks thick in these pics. Can you believe it's been four months already? I can't wait til the 6 month mark. I got a feeling it won't be much change but any little change will do just fine. Your hair looks good Angela. Really does.

aybee77 said...

Thanks Tam. Yeah, it does look like it's growing from the comparison pic. I'm excited, looking forward to 6 months, then a year (which seems so far away). You know, YOUR hair looks good. I'm glad we're doing it at the same time.