Sunday, May 04, 2008

No more locks

So, I finally had the dream that I've heard other dreadlocked people have ... my locks were gone. In the dream, I was visiting my dad and stepmom, and I combed them out and had my hair straightened for the visit. The disturbing part of the dream for me was the fact that I was primping and preening and combing my hair in the mirror. I was loving it, lol. Of course, when I woke up I was happy to realize it was a dream. I really wonder why I had that dream.

Anyway, it's been 7 months of lockdom, and I have my same few pics. Please excuse the quality, these weren't taken with my regular camera, and I couldn't get the camera lens completely clean (my daughter likes to mess with that camera). Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I latched about 10 locks right in the front of my head (about 5 on each of the first 2 rows). I was really tired of seeing only the tips of those hairs being locked. Afro-lock was not cute in the front to me. I tried to do it loosely, and I didn't latch it all the way to the root. Also, I don't intend to continuously maintain my hair.





12 comments:

TamCM said...

Ok seriously, they look a lot different from last month to me. It looks like a head full of locks to me. Especially in the back. I can see them all individually. Looks like that camera captured it better than the last months pics.

I had that darn dream too and I woke up in a panic. No BS. It was more a nightmare for me. My dream was I was in the salon and they took a comb and combed out every last dread and straightened my hair.

Kudos on your 7th month. Less than half to go for that 1 year mark. Can't wait to see what they look like then.

aybee77 said...

Yeah, I think they look different from last month too. Not sure if it's the camera, or they've actually been doing some developing in the past month.

TamCM said...

I just adore that last pic you added. Looking sassy there girly. I know you love that pic

aybee77 said...

Lol, thanks. Yes, I do like that pic.

CarmenNC said...

Hello, I haven't seen you on the board. I know where to find you, right? I had that dream when I was loose natural. I did have a dream that a lady decided she was going to cut some bangs for and my locks started to unravel as if they were all joined together.

Is that one of my thingies you're wearing? I might should send you an email.

aybee77 said...

Interesting @ your dream. I guess we all have them, the hair dreams. You know, sometimes I think that that hair site causes me to have the hair dreams, because I am thinking about hair way too much.

Yes, it is one of your hair thingies. I don't know the name of it. It's my favorite one, I wear it all the time. Also, it's about time for me to buy a couple more (I got some money for my bday).

CarmenNC said...

I went back into the orders, lol. Is that another order??? That's Silver Tambourine - the original of all the silver ones. What's your favorite color?

Unknown said...

angie, i don't know why but i really dig you with headbands. i like the way they make your hair frame your face i guess. and man those dreads are gonna be fiyah when they mature!

aybee77 said...

Hey girl, thanks @ fromq! I like how my locks look with headbands too. I try not to wear them TOO too much, because I have this (irrational?) fear that wearing them all the time will hurt the hairline.

@ carmennc

Check your email for a note from me.

CarmenNC said...

Angie, I got the email! Please make sure the address is current, for some reason paypal says it's unconfirmed.

Amina said...

i love locks! I am thinking of locking too but I think the time is not right yet for me...i'll be coming here often for inspiration

KnottyAuthor said...

i love the way you are freeforming...i'll be watching ....