Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm thankful







I'm really thankful for lots of things. I have a family that I love, and that loves me. I'm thankful that I have a good amount of vacation left this year, so I'm going to be off work a good bit (lol). But right now, I'm really thankful for my locks, because they represent a change in my life for me. I was with a friend yesterday, and she said to me that she noticed that I "made a turn" that started with my locks. In the past I've never stayed with anything for any length of time, really, but now I've stuck with the locks for over a year. I've been vegetarian for 11 months. I've been exercising at minimum 3 times per week since August (which, for me, is a lifetime). And those small successes give me the confidence that other things I want to improve in my life will happen in time.

6 comments:

TamCM said...

Girl your hair has did such a transformation with the blink of an eye. Look at you! Lovely indeed. I hope you continue with your updates. I'm not sure how often I will but you know how it is when you are looking at someone else's pics. I love you hair and I KNOW you do also

aybee77 said...

You know, I didn't think so, but a friend of mine that hadn't seen me in a couple months said that too, that it's changed a lot lately.

Not sure how much or often I'm going to update either, I am really bored with blogging about my hair. We'll see.

Yes, I love my hair. :-)

Anonymous said...

you are sooo damned CUTE!!!

aybee77 said...

Um, thanks anonymous, lol.

mzmocha318 said...

It's nice to see someone's locs that look like mine do! I also do not twist, or I should say do it so infrequently I might as well say I don't twist! Do you just sort of go through your locs separating with your fingers? I find myself playing in my hair, not only separating the locs at the roots but sort of smoothing each loc with my fingers to its lovely tip. Do you find you play with your hair more now that's natural?

aybee77 said...

@ Diane

Yup, definitely playing in my hair ALL THE TIME. I wasn't doing it no wear near this much before.