Saturday, November 03, 2007

small freeform locks

Somehow, I decided that I want small locks. So, as my hair forms these little coils, I make sure that they don't join to form large locks. Meaning that I separate them after I shampoo, while my hair is only slightly damp, or even dry. Which is fine, but my hair being the length that it is, it seems to want to tangle a lot. I'll be glad when it starts locking, I think it'll be easier to separate. Plus, since I'm just separating them from the coils, I'm unsure I'm doing it correctly. I don't want them to be too small, I just can't really see the size of the base. I can't always see where to separate them. The sides don't even form coils, so how will those develop? The top is a wavier texture, so I don't really know how to separate the top either.

It's crazy, because at every step of the process, I'm doubting myself. I'm thinking that I shouldn't do small locks, that it will be too much maintenance for me keeping them separated. I'm thinking that I should not have chosen to do it freeform, because it's kinda difficult to make small locks with my length of hair starting freeform. I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how many lock inspiration pics I look at or how many forum posts I read, I really can't imagine or predict how my locks will end up. I can guide them, generally speaking, but the locks will ultimately be what they will be. They will be mine. And they will fit me, and I will love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady. I just read your last post here and I have the same problem with the top. I had no idea where to separate them so when I wash, I use a little more force when I use the circular motion. When it's almost dry, I separate to the size I want. Once dry, I wrap my hair and it kinda holds it in place until the next wash and I just repeat. I have seen about two starting to form. I know the top will be the last to do it's thing so I have to be really patient. Don't worry. Just let them bud enough so that when you do separate, they will likely stay that size. I think you can easily achieve small freeforms. Meanwhile, I have had to assist in making mine thicker. Hang in ther Angela.

Statontc AKA Tam

aybee77 said...

Hey. Wow, I figured that you wouldn't have that problem, since you started it with comb coils. So they didn't stay separated to the initial size there? Okay. You're doing the same thing I'm doing. Just separating to the size that you want. That's good confirmation.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aybee77 said...

Hi Lekisha. I'm so sorry for the late reply. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do really small freeform locks, because I feel it's harder to separate.