Sunday, August 03, 2008

Meet the Fam

(Note: I've updated this post a couple times with a few more pictures).

It's been 10 months for me. :-) So close to a year. I thought I'd show off a few of my special locks.



There's stumpy there on the right. I have no idea how he got that short, when every lock around him is twice his height. He's at the crown of my head.


Here's a lock that was originally two locks. I'm thinking I joined them at around 3 months, although I really can't remember. However, now, you can't really tell that they were originally separate. This one is one of my favorites.


Here are a few of the largest locks on my head. They aren't huge, of course. I like the size of these best.

And here are a couple of the really small ones on my head. These I think I will eventually join to some other lock close to them.


Now, I estimate that my hair is locked halfway up each lock for most of them, although there are a few that are still locked only very close to the end. I always heard that freeform locks lock faster than other types of locks, but now I don't believe it. Maybe if I started with shorter hair, that would have been the case, though. Who knows.

And here are a few locks that are quite weird to me. Closer to the root, the lock is thick/regular. In the middle the locks are ultra thin. Then they get thicker again at the ends of the hair. I have no idea how they got this way. I'm trying to fight cutting the thinner parts off, and just see how they develop.


And a few days later, decided to join a few locks that were too small for my taste. Now I have around 5-7 more two-headed dragons. I did it by latching the new growth of both together, and twisting together the locked portion. When I got to the last one, I remembered about wrapping the loose hairs around the locks, and I did that towards the end of my hair, and that worked well. I'm showing a pic of one that I joined.





8 comments:

TamCM said...

Hey there. Nice pics. I like how you show the various locs. Regarding those that are only locked at the bottom. I have a one of those and I swear it just won't reach the top. It looks like it's trying but I'm not so sure. Your hair looks great girly. I waited all weekend to see the entry. 10 months. Can you believe it? Your stumpy one is cute. Has character, lol. So are you happy with the outcome of your size? I mean was it what you had expected? I wanted mine to be a tad bigger but I am happy with them.

aybee77 said...

Hi Tam,

Yes, I'm happy with the size of my locks, although it wasn't exactly what I expected. I didn't expect the slightly larger ones, although I like them the best. I also thought my locks would be more uniform in size (why, I don't know).

Now off to see if you updated also. :-)

Unknown said...

awww...what a lovely fam! :-)
btw, what's the tat on ur wrist? what does it mean?

aybee77 said...

Hi q (you have to tell me why they call you q, although I think I know)

Anyway, my tattoo is called sesa woruban. Sesa woruban is an adinkra symbol, and is a symbol of life transformation. http://www.welltempered.net/adinkra/htmls/adinkra/sesa.htm . I use it as a mandala, or meditation focal point, to remind me of what I want to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! You look great! Pretty Smile, and locks... :)

Take Care!~

TamCM said...

Seriously! When are you going to update with pics? I'm waiting....tapping my fingers on the desk :-)

aybee77 said...

Sorry, lol. I mean, it's almost close to the middle of the month, and I'm just thinking of waiting until the end of the month. Don't be mad. :-P

TamCM said...

OMG so I gotta wait more than two weeks? I don't know what to say. But isn't this month your one year mark? Ok well I guess I have no other choice then miss lady.